Fifth Third Bank today announced that job search help in the form of the Job Seeker’s Toolkit is now available on its two Financial Empowerment Mobiles, commonly known as eBuses.
Fifth Third Bank’s eBuses are 40-foot retrofitted city buses that feature Internet connectivity powered by satellite technology. Fifth Third’s eBus I and eBus II travel throughout Fifth Third’s markets to reach individuals and neighborhoods in low- and moderate-income areas that have been traditionally underserved by banks. eBuses provide community members access to professional financial advice and guidance.
Now, in addition to one-on-one credit counseling and financial education, the eBuses offer free access to NextJob’s proprietary job search and training software to all eBus event guests. The Bank and NextJob have previously worked together to offer the homeowner reemployment program to troubled mortgage borrowers, and the Job Seeker’s Toolkit to all Fifth Third customers who bank online and who desire to find a job and or take the next step in their career path.
“The mission of our Financial Empowerment Mobiles is to take quality financial services directly to people and empower them to take control of their financial future,” said Camino Smith, vice president and director of Community and Economic Development, Fifth Third Bank. “Certainly helping people find jobs is foundational to that. Offering the Job Seeker’s Toolkit onboard our buses is a special access pass for people in underserved neighborhoods—frankly, for those who may benefit most.”Fifth Third Financial Empowerment Mobiles tour year-long through the Bank’s geographic footprint, often in partnership with government and community development and non-profit organizations that help the bank coordinate events in which people can gain assistance—from basic needs events to job fairs to financial education seminars. Tour schedules for both buses are available at the Bank’s financial empowerment website, www.53.com/financial-empowerment. The Job Seeker’s Toolkit is NextJob’s exclusive and proprietary online job search software. It is a web-based, multi-media program that teaches how to:
- Create an effective resume, compelling cover letters and a detailed marketing plan
- Network and find the hidden job market
- Train and prepare for interviews
- Assess career direction and transferable skills
- Develop a personal brand
- Learn latest techniques to use social media effectively
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV