Progress Software Corporation (NASDAQ: PRGS) today announced availability of new data connectivity and application capabilities as part of its Progress® Pacific™ application platform-as-a-service (aPaaS), furthering its strategy to give anyone the ability to quickly create, evolve and customize connected business applications on demand.
- Data Connectivity: The new Progress DataDirect Cloud™ service enables applications to easily integrate data from popular SaaS, relational database, Big Data, social, CRM and ERP systems. The connection management service allows applications to be built in less time by using a single standards-based interface to execute SQL queries against a wide range of cloud data sources.
- Application Development: New integrated business process management (BPM) and business rules management system (BRMS) capabilities dramatically simplify application customization using Progress OpenEdge® 11.3 development software. Flexible processes, rules and workflows can be easily configured to meet business requirements while greatly accelerating productivity. In addition, an improved Progress Rollbase® infrastructure ensures an enhanced user experience for standards-based business applications created with innovative drag-and-drop tools using any web browser. Progress Rollbase is one of the industry’s most innovative rapid development platforms.
Cal German, president and CEO at DMSi Software, the leading business management solution for building materials distribution, said, “After evaluating a number of platforms, including SalesForce.com, SAP and Acumatica, we’ve chosen Progress Pacific to help us build and deploy innovative applications for our customers. In particular, the drag and drop features and robust workflow and triggers in Progress Rollbase will enable us to quickly deliver highly customizable solutions that meet our customers’ complex business processes.”John Goodson, chief product officer at Progress Software, said, “Customer and partner response to the Progress Pacific launch in June has been extremely positive and we are now delivering on our vision. It’s clear that the move to aPaaS is gaining momentum as time-to-market and data capabilities in new apps are key requirements for developers and end users. Pacific addresses these needs with rich data, visual design and open deployment capabilities in a single platform.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV