Verint® Systems Inc. (NASDAQ: VRNT) today announced that a large mid-Atlantic based county in the U.S. is benefitting from the Audiolog™ for Public Safety solution in its centralized 9-1-1 operation. The communications center, which receives and responds to emergency calls for the county’s police and fire departments, was faced with challenging technical requirements that Verint helped address through a solution design that accommodates the county’s unique, redundant recording environment.
The communications center serves as a vital, first step in handling citizens’ calls for police and fire emergencies. Since implementing Verint’s software two years ago, the emergency services organization has further integrated the Verint Audiolog solution with its Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) system to track dynamic radio alias changes from CAD mobile data terminals. Doing so has helped it track and identify radio communications by radio alias as managed in the CAD system and updated by field personnel, simplifying the search and retrieval of recorded radio transmissions based upon the alias assigned to specific personnel in the CAD.
Audiolog for Public Safety is an advanced, digital multimedia recording, retrieval and quality assurance solution designed to help enhance the performance of public safety answering points (PSAPs), command and control centers, homeland security, transportation operations centers, correctional facilities and emergency communications centers. As in the case of this mid-Atlantic based county, it offers superior reliability in mission-critical operations with flexible, easy-to-use functionality designed to help organizations meet the demands of evolving communications channels and environments.
With Verint’s Audiolog for Public Safety solution, agencies can:
- Capture audio, video, text, screen data, telematics, photos and related data, such as telephone numbers and locations, from a variety of sources
- Live monitor PSAP interactions to help ensure adherence to policies and procedures
- Reconstruct incident scenarios to better understand the chain of events
- Protect captured interactions from unauthorized access and tampering
- Evaluate and enhance call taker, dispatcher and manager performance
- Document and report results efficiently