NEW YORK, Aug. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- WebMD Health Corp. (Nasdaq: WBMD), the leading source of health information, today announced the launch of its Health Care Reform Center ( webmd.com/myhealthcare) for consumers and the ACA Resource Center for physicians ( medscape.com/resource/aca), examples of our commitment to educate consumers and physicians and to provide actionable guidance about the impact of the Affordable Care Act (ACA). The Health Care Reform Center will include a series of live chats with experts, offering consumers personalized information to prepare for future health insurance decisions and navigate the health insurance marketplace at any stage of their journey—from young Americans who were previously uninsured to older Americans.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please visit: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/60046-webmd-health-care-reform-center-consumer-physician-educational-website
According to a 2012 user survey, 54 percent of participants expect WebMD to help point them in the right direction for health insurance decisions. Further, a July 2013 user survey shows 63 percent don't know of an easy-to-navigate, neutral source of information about the ACA. Answering this call for information, WebMD users will now be able to access step-by-step guides to understand health insurance costs and the most critical information needed to compare and purchase a health insurance plan. To optimize user experience and access, the content is available across WebMD's multi-screen platform and channels, from tablet and mobile devices to desktop, WebMD magazine and WebMD's Facebook page."Today we are focused on driving a smarter health care system with an emphasis on quality, not quantity, of care," said Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius. "The Affordable Care Act requires all Americans to educate themselves about the rapidly approaching changes. Educational resources like those provided by WebMD are instrumental in transforming legislation into actions that will improve the quality of health care for millions of people across our nation." "WebMD has more than a decade of expertise in providing health insurance information, services, and proven tools to consumers on behalf of the country's leading health insurers and employers," said David Schlanger, Interim CEO, WebMD. "The Health Care Reform Center builds on this expertise at a time where there is an immense need for trusted, objective information about complex legislation. We simplify it into information that is relevant, trustworthy, credible and, most importantly, actionable." The resources and programs offered on the WebMD Health Care Reform Center include:
- A Health Insurance Cost Calculator that provides a straightforward, simplified health insurance subsidy calculator, showing both subsidized and non-subsidized premiums given a user's income bracket. The calculator allows users to see their monthly and annual premiums adjusted to income, age, family size, ZIP code, and historical medical claims filed by patients like them, versus the penalty cost if they choose not to purchase insurance. Users can also find out if they are eligible for newly expanded Medicaid coverage based on their state of residence.
- State-Level Resources for each state launching a health insurance marketplace. Localized information will walk users through the basics of purchasing health insurance, the enrollment process, and important considerations for evaluating health insurance options in their home state.
- Easy-to-Understand Content beginning with a Quick Start Guide to customize the information provided, focusing on relevant content to individual users and their health care reform choices. Interactive elements -- like quizzes, videos, infographics, and opt-in emails to receive personalized news -- keep users engaged.
- Live Events that give consumers an opportunity to ask questions about the ACA and get personalized answers from WebMD and third-party experts. The chats will focus on specific facets of health care reform, including pre-existing conditions, preventive care services, state marketplaces, subsidies, and comparing plans. The first live chat will take place August 8, 2013 from 12 – 1 p.m. ET, featuring health care reform experts walking through the impact of the ACA on families' access to insurance. Questions can be pre-submitted to email@example.com, and the live chat is available at webmd.com/myhealthcare-events.
- WebMD Answers, a 24/7 opportunity for users to pose questions and receive answers from peers and experts. WebMD Answers has been a regular WebMD feature since October 2012, and the health care reform section is available on the desktop and mobile website and via the WebMD Facebook page.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV