LGS Innovations™, an independent subsidiary of Alcatel-Lucent (NYSE and Euronext Paris: ALU), would like to congratulate the four recipients of the 2013 AFCEA Lieutenant General Ronald Iverson ROTC Scholarships.
These scholarships were created in 2012 by a generous contribution from LGS Innovations to the AFCEA Educational Foundation on the occasion of Lt. Gen. Iverson’s retirement as the company’s chief executive officer. Each $2,500 scholarship, to be paid annually, celebrates a college sophomore or junior cadet of the Air Force Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (ROTC) program that follows the example set by Gen. Iverson throughout his successful career in both the armed forces and Federal Government consulting industries.
The 2013 AFCEA Lt. Gen. Ronald Iverson ROTC Scholarship recipients are:
- Cadet Callan Elizabeth Andreacchi, Air Force ROTC, Junior, Elon University
- Cadet Carol Ann Knight, Air Force ROTC, Sophomore, University of North Carolina
- Cadet Christopher Logan McConnell, Air Force ROTC, Sophomore, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- Cadet Ashley Nicole Zapp, Air Force ROTC, Junior, University of South Carolina
“LGS created this scholarship in partnership with AFCEA to promote Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) education as well as recognize ROTC cadets who demonstrate exemplary leadership, dedication, patriotism, and selflessness,” said Kevin Kelly, CEO of LGS Innovations. “LGS Innovations congratulates these cadets on their accomplishments and looks forward to seeing these future leaders realize their full potential.”Lt. Gen. Iverson built a reputation for navigating challenging missions with diplomacy and firm leadership throughout his career with the U.S. Air Force, within the consulting industry, and as CEO of LGS Innovations. He retired from the Air Force in 1997 after 32 years of service. During this time, Gen. Iverson held multiple Air Force commands both in the United States and overseas, as well as a position in Korea as Deputy Commander, Combined Forces Command and United Nations Command. He oversaw the formation of LGS Innovations during the Alcatel and Lucent merger and took the reigns as the company’s first chief executive officer from 2007 to 2012. He has served on the AFCEA Educational Foundation’s Board of Directors since 2007.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV