SAO PAULO, Brazil, Aug. 6, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- (ABTA 2013, Booth #D13) -- Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR), a world leader in semiconductor solutions for the connected home, announced today its EN71xy family of high-performance set-top box system-on-a-chip (STB SoC) solutions address the key functionality and cost requirements of Latin America operators as they transition from Standard Definition (SD) to High Definition (HD).
IHS Research forecasts total Pay-TV HD STB shipments in Latin America will increase from approximately 6.5 million units in 2013 to 17.7 million units in 2016, driven in part by major regional events including the 2014 World Cup and 2016 Summer Olympics.
In production today and already designed-in to multiple OEM products for key cable and satellite operators, the Entropic EN71xy STB SoC product-line builds upon proven solutions for DTAs (digital transport adapters), cable and terrestrial zappers, and IP-Clients. The family leverages the industry-standard ARM® architecture plus proven software and conditional access system (CAS) support to reduce time-to-market."Operators in Latin America are demanding high-quality, cost-effective HD STBs to ensure subscribers have secure and immediate access to compelling entertainment services," said Roger Gregory, vice president, Marketing, Entropic. "The EN71xy family forms the basis for integrated, feature-rich, and flexible HD zapper and IP-Client solutions that leverage mature software and security expertise to enable faster deployments with greater operator confidence." Key feature/benefits of the EN71xy platform include:
- Advanced Multicore Processing: The EN71xy uses the ARM Cortex™ processor with 2500 DMIPS to deliver higher performance, lower power and greater scalability.
- Field-proven Video Decoder Technology: Entropic ensures compatibility with new and legacy TVs both in SD and HD, by offering integrated HDMI (up to 1080p60), component video, CVBS, and Channel ¾ outputs.
- Integrated Demodulators and DDR3 Memory Support: A highly-integrated solution, the EN71xy minimizes the external Bill of Materials (BoM), which translates to lower overall STB costs.
- Enhanced Software Capabilities: As a field-proven SoC, the EN71xy software supports leading CAS vendors, reduces debug and qualification cycle times, and enables faster time-to-market.
- Flexible Network Interfaces: The EN71xy features 10/100 Ethernet, rGMII, and USB ports to enable high flexibility with support for MoCA ®, WiFi ®, and PVR functionality.
- EN7100 and EN7120 for HD-DTA solutions;
- EN7158 for the cable HD zapper solutions;
- EN7160 for satellite STBs; and
- EN7190 for hybrid and IP-Client solutions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV