BMC Software (NASDAQ: BMC) today introduced BMC AppZone, a cloud-based enterprise app store that gives enterprise employees easy, efficient and secure access to a wide array of cloud, mobile, custom and desktop applications – all from any device and any location.
Acquired through the purchase of Partnerpedia, BMC AppZone delivers the same high-quality experience to individuals at work that they receive at home from consumer marketplaces such as Apple iTunes, Amazon App Store and Google Play. Like BMC MyIT, BMC AppZone is designed to dramatically reduce IT friction for both workers and IT organizations.
Key Points to Know
- This is a big problem for employees. Study after study shows workers are spending too much time at work trying to find, gain approval, download and install applications. Many companies have different points of access for different kinds of apps -- an approach both IT professionals and employees find confusing and frustrating.
- It’s a big IT headache too. Rapid acceleration of BYOD and overprovisioning of corporate apps pose immense management and risk-related challenges for IT departments.
- It’s a huge market opportunity. A recent article in CIO reported the results of a survey on the enterprise app store trend by Partnerpedia, the company recently acquired by BMC. The survey found that 86 percent of enterprises want a self-serve approach to app distribution.
- BMC has the best solution, and it’s available now. BMC AppZone delivers an award-winning native and web experience across all devices, reducing to mere minutes an app distribution process that previously took hours – all while ensuring compliance with corporate security rules. A growing number of top global companies have deployed the Partnerpedia products on which BMC AppZone is based, and several top analyst firms that identified the enterprise app store as a crucial part of the accelerating consumerization trend in enterprise IT.
- Kia Behnia, CTO, BMC Software: “Apps are the most common way for most people to experience the benefits of cloud, and the explosion in the number of business applications -- which are being deployed across many different devices -- is driving a profound ‘consumerization’ trend in enterprise IT. Corporate IT departments are becoming much more focused on enabling big gains in personal productivity and removing ‘IT friction’ from the employee experience. BMC continues to lead the market in supporting this strategic shift in IT, as evidenced by our launch of BMC MyIT this past spring, our acquisition of Partnerpedia and our rapid introduction of BMC AppZone.”
- Chris Hazelton, Research Director - Mobile & Wireless, 451 Research: “IT needs to provide a centralized portal for employees to find the key apps they need to do their jobs regardless of the device they’re using. Delivering this app storefront allows IT to push the right cloud, mobile, or desktop app to the right employee, making both the employee productive and IT happy.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts