Jacobs Engineering Group, Inc. (NYSE:JEC) announced today that it received a contract from Qatar Railways Company (QRC) to provide Project Management Consultancy (PMC) services for the Red Line (North and South) of the Doha Metro project.
Officials did not disclose the contract value, however noted that the total construction value of the Doha Metro project is estimated to be $36 billion.
The Red Line is within phase one of the Doha Metro Project and represents a significant stage of Qatar’s Integrated Rail Project. Phase one involves 58 miles of track to include the Red, Green and Gold lines. The four lines of the Doha Metro (Red, Green, Blue and Gold) are designed to connect major sites in Qatar linking the north, south and west of the capital. The entire network is anticipated to cover approximately 134 miles and include 100 stations.
Jacobs is managing the delivery of the underground works for the Red Line, 16 miles running from Mesaieed in the South through the Center of Doha to Al Khor in the North. The line also branches to the New Doha International Airport to serve the city’s growing population as well as visitors; such as those expected to travel to Doha for the FIFA 2022 World Cup.Working as an integrated project team with Qatar Rail’s project staff, Jacobs is providing project management and engineering services for the underground sections of the Red Line. The construction of phase one is anticipated to be completed by 2019. In making the announcement, Jacobs Group Vice President Bob Duff stated, “This award provides us with the opportunity to further develop our relationship with the Qatar Railway Company. We look forward to bringing our global infrastructure capabilities and PMC resources together to deliver this important project, and to continuing our support of QRC in the long term delivery of their Integrated Rail Project.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV