Trex Company, Inc. (NYSE: TREX), the world’s largest manufacturer of wood-alternative decking and railing products, today announced financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2013.
Net sales for the second quarter of 2013 totaled $98.6 million compared to net sales of $94.3 million for the 2012 second quarter, an increase of 4.5%. The Company reported net income of $13.2 million, or $0.76 per diluted share, for the 2013 period compared to $8.4 million, or $0.48 per diluted share, for the prior-year period, a 57% increase in earnings per share. During the 2013 second quarter, the Company recognized a $1.7 million adjustment to the mold class action provision. During the second quarter of 2012, the Company recognized a $1.1 million increase to its warranty reserve for decking material manufactured at its Nevada plant prior to 2007 and $0.7 million of severance charges. On a pro-forma basis, 2013 net income was $14.9 million, or $0.86 per diluted share, a 46% increase over pro-forma earnings per share in the 2012 period.
For the six months ended June 30, 2013, the Company reported net sales of $206.4 million compared to net sales of $190.4 million for the prior-year period, an increase of 8.4%. The Company reported net income of $34.8 million, or $2.01 per diluted share, for the first six months of 2013 compared to net income of $20.7 million, or $1.22 per diluted share, for the 2012 period, a 65% increase in earnings per share. The Company recognized $1.9 million of adjustments to the mold class action provision in the 2013 period. The Company recognized an increase of $1.5 million to the warranty reserve and $0.7 million severance charges in the 2012 period. On a pro-forma basis, 2013 net income was $36.7 million, or $2.12 per diluted share, a 58% increase over pro-forma earnings per share in the 2012 period.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV