CapLease, Inc. (NYSE: LSE), a real estate investment trust (REIT) focused on owning and managing single-tenant commercial real estate properties, today announced its results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2013. Net loss to common stockholders for the second quarter 2013 was $(2.8) million, and funds from operations, or FFO, as adjusted for comparability was $12.4 million.
Second Quarter 2013 Highlights:
- Merger Agreement with American Realty Capital Properties, Inc.
- CapLease Common Stockholders to Receive $8.50 per Share in Cash
- CapLease Preferred Stockholders to Receive $25.00 per Share in Cash
Paul McDowell, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, stated, “The clear highlight for the second quarter is the announced merger transaction with American Realty Capital Properties, Inc. (“ ARCP”). The transaction provides immediate, certain and compelling value for our common stockholders. The combination of CapLease’s primarily investment grade portfolio and team of experienced net lease experts with ARCP will create a stronger and more diversified company that will be well positioned to grow even further in the years ahead. As we move to complete this transaction, the CapLease team continues to be focused on pursuing acquisition opportunities in its deal pipeline.”
Second Quarter 2013 Results:
| For the Three Months
Ended June 30,
|(Amounts in thousands, except per share amounts)||2013||2012|
|Funds from operations||$||9,815||$||18,566|
|Items that affect comparability (income) expense:|
|Gain on derivatives||(5||)||–|
|Gain on extinguishment of debt, net||–||(9,000||)|
|Property acquisition costs||208||300|
|Merger related costs||2,421||–|
|Funds from operations, as adjusted for comparability||$||12,439||$||9,866|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV