- Adjusted EPS of $0.46 excludes approximately $39 million in pretax LIFO charges, or $0.04 per share; $51 million, or $0.05 per share, in foreign-currency hedging losses related to the GrainCorp acquisition; and $29 million, or $0.03 per share, of additional provisions related to the previously disclosed FCPA matter.
- Oilseeds Processing profit decreased $10 million as solid performance in crushing and origination was offset by weaker cocoa results.
- Corn Processing profit increased $149 million due to improved ethanol results.
- Agricultural Services profit decreased $42 million amid expected lower U.S. origination volumes as well as weaker international merchandising results.
- ADM’s net debt position fell to $5.5 billion, down from $8.9 billion a year ago, as ADM’s focus on capital efficiency further strengthened the balance sheet.
ADM Reports Second Quarter 2013 Earnings Of $223 Million Or $0.34 Per Share
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.