Second Quarter Revenue Increased 13.5% Sequentially and 16.9% Year-Over-Year Gross Margin Expanded to 32.3% Declares $0.10 Per ADS Cash Dividend for Third Quarter 2013
- Revenue was $110.3 million, within the Company's guidance of $109 million to $111 million, and representing an increase of 13.5% from the $97.1 million in the first quarter and 16.9% from the $94.4 million in the second quarter of 2012.
- Gross margin was 32.3%, compared to 32.1% in the previous quarter and 31.0% in the second quarter of 2012.
- GAAP net income was $13.7 million, or $0.29 per diluted ADS, compared to $10.7 million, or $0.22 per diluted ADS in the previous quarter and $12.2 million, or $0.25 per diluted ADS, in the second quarter of 2012.
- Non-GAAP net income was $16.9 million, or $0.35 per diluted ADS, compared to $13.7 million, or $0.28 per diluted ADS, in the previous quarter and $15.2 million, or $0.32 per diluted ADS, in the second quarter of 2012.
- Secured SP3T switch design wins for 2G and 3G Samsung smartphones, demonstrating RDA's commitment to grow its global smartphone market share in emerging markets as well as developed regions, such as Europe.
- Expanded sampling of the RDA8810 EDGE baseband smartphone solution and introduced sampling of the RDA8811 EDGE baseband for tablets.
- Introduced 802.11n WiFi combo chip integrating WiFi 802.11n, Bluetooth and FM on a single die for smartphone and tablet applications in China and the emerging markets.