TORONTO, August 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Significant drill intersections on Duluth Metals 100% owned Rook Property.
- The Rook Property discovery hole is located southeast of Teck's large Mesaba Deposit in the Duluth Complex in Minnesota.
- Three separate zones of copper, nickel and Platinum Group mineralization have been confirmed in Hole 13-RK-02.
Duluth Metals Limited ("Duluth Metals") (TSX: DM) (TSX: DM.U) is pleased to announce results for Hole 13-RK-02, drilled on the 100% owned Rook Property, situated in the western sector of the Company's 100% owned 40,000 acre exploration package. This hole has intersected three significant mineralized sections returning the following highlights:
- Zone 1 - A 5.9 foot intersection of 0.88% copper, 0.18% nickel, 2.3 g/t silver and 8.16 g/t TPM (TPM = Platinum+Palladium+Gold) at a 5.0 g/t TPM cut-off within a 12.7 foot intersection of 0.49% copper, 0.11% nickel, 1.4 g/t silver and 4.69 g/t TPM at a 1.0 g/t TPM cut-off;
- Zone 2 - A 79.6 foot intersection of 0.66% copper, 0.16% nickel, 2.3 g/t silver and 1.16 g/t TPM at a 0.5% Cu cut-off within a 128.1 foot intersection of 0.53% copper, 0.14% nickel, 0.04 g/t silver and 0.90 g/t TPM at a 0.3% Cu cut-off;
- Zone 3 - A 95.0 foot intersection of 0.95% copper, 0.26% nickel, 2.9 g/t silver and 0.94 g/t TPM at a 0.5% Cu cut-off within a 188.4 foot intersection of 0.70 % copper, 0.18 % nickel, 2.5 g/t silver and 0.85 g/t TPM at a 0.3% Cu cut-off.
The Rook Property is situated on the south-eastern boundary of the Teck Resources Limited ("Teck") Mesaba copper-nickel project in the Duluth Complex, northeastern Minnesota and is approximately three miles southwest of the Twin Metals Minnesota Project currently under pre-feasibility study by Duluth and its joint venture partner Antofagasta plc. Drilling on the Rook Property is part of the long term exploration program being conducted on Duluth Metals' large prospective exploration package situated in the Duluth Complex.Hole 13-RK-02 was drilled to test for the down-dip extension of mineralization at the base of the Partridge River intrusion (PRI), host to Teck's Mesaba deposit. The closest previous deep drilling to this hole is approximately a half mile to the north and west. In addition to intersecting the basal mineralization, Hole 13-RK-02 also identified high grade PGM and Cu-Ni-PGE mineralization significantly above the basal contact of the PRI.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts