Balance Sheet and Liquidity
During the first six months of 2013, the Company recorded net cash used in operating activities of $11.9 million compared to net cash used in operating activities of $17.0 million in the same period last year. This decrease was driven primarily by working capital changes, namely a $4.3 million decrease in cash used by accounts receivable and a $4.0 million decrease in cash used by accrued expenses and other current liabilities.
Inventory was $42.4 million at the end of the second quarter of 2013, an increase of $9.6 million compared to the second quarter of 2012. The increase was primarily driven by the acquisition of the TrynEx assets, which added approximately $4.6 million of inventory, and by lower sales volume.
Accounts receivable at the end of the second quarter of 2013 were $38.5 million, a decrease of $12.1 million compared to second quarter 2012.Short-term borrowings at June 30, 2013 were $28.0 million which reflects the revolver borrowings to finance the acquisition of TrynEx's assets. Dividend As previously reported on June 7, 2013, Douglas Dynamics declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.2075 per share on the Company's common stock. The declared $0.2075 per share cash dividend was paid on June 28, 2013 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on June 18, 2013. Outlook Based on second quarter results and visibility into current business trends, the Company expects Adjusted EBITDA for fiscal 2013 to be in the range of $36 million to $46 million and net sales to range from $175 million to $200 million. Earnings per share are expected to range from $0.30 per share to $0.60 per share. It is important to note that the Company's outlook assumes that the economy will remain stable and that the Company's core markets will experience average snowfall levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV