INDIANAPOLIS, Aug. 5, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Angie's List (Nasdaq:ANGI) today announced the acquisition of online start-up SmartHabitat Inc. ("BrightNest"), calling the move a strategic next step in its drive to transform local service.
"The only way to transform the local services industry is to solve real problems in a bigger, better and new way," said Angie's List Chief Executive Officer Bill Oesterle. "With two million members and more than 18 years in this space, no one has better data on local service providers than Angie's List. BrightNest adds a user-friendly front end and personalized member experience to our marketplace platform which is built on rules, tools and transparency."
It's the latest move to illustrate the company's renewed commitment to user experience. In April, Angie's List promoted marketing director Shelly Towns to VP of Product, a role that formerly did not exist. Over the last 90 days the team has re-architected search and is currently working on a full product redesign.Angie's List also announced the national rollout of its new communication and scheduling tools. In the second quarter, Angie's List processed more than 116,000 transactions on its marketplace platform. This represents a tiny fraction of the total transactions that flow through Angie's List. "We've been quietly transforming the way local service is transacted, and we are now in a position to scale it. We will put the platform everywhere our members want it to be, including web, mobile and call center," said Oesterle. In the new marketplace, Angie's List can monitor and evaluate each transaction as it progresses through to completion. "If a transaction gets stuck at any point, we are going to step in and fix it," said Oesterle. "We have the critical mass and the relationships with local service providers that allow us to change service outcomes."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV