MERRIMACK, N.H., Aug. 5, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- GT Advanced Technologies Inc. (Nasdaq:GTAT) today reported results for the second quarter of fiscal year 2013, which ended June 29, 2013.
|Three-Months Ended||Six-Months Ended|
|June 29, 2013||March 30, 2013||June 30, 2012||June 29, 2013||June 30, 2012|
Revenue for the second quarter came in at $168.3 million including $150.7 million in polysilicon, $11.4 million in photovoltaic (PV), and $6.2 million in sapphire. This compares to revenue in the first quarter of $57.8 million and $167.3 million in the second quarter of calendar 2012. Revenue for the first six months of 2013 was $226.1 million compared to $521.1 million for the first six months of 2012.
Gross profit for the second quarter was $58.6 million, or 34.8 percent of revenue, above the company's guidance. This compares to $13.6 million, or 23.6 percent of revenue, in the first quarter and $60.2 million, or 36.0 percent of revenue for the second quarter of calendar 2012. Gross profit for the first six months of 2013 was $72.2 million, or 31.9 percent of revenue compared to $212.5 million, or 40.8 percent of revenue, for the first six months of 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV