DAYTONA BEACH, Fla., Aug. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- International Speedway Corporation (NASDAQ Global Select Market: ISCA; OTC Bulletin Board: ISCB) ("ISC") today announced that it sold its 676-acre parcel of property located in Staten Island, New York, to Staten Island Marine Development, LLC ("Marine Development"). Marine Development purchased 100 percent of the outstanding equity membership interests of 380 Development LLC ("380 Development"), a wholly owned indirect subsidiary of ISC and owner of the Staten Island property, for a total sales price of $80.0 million.
The Company, as a result of the sale, expects to receive a cash tax benefit of approximately $41.5 million, based on its current corporate tax rate, that combined with the net proceeds will provide ISC with approximately $117.7 million in incremental cash flow. In addition to the sale proceeds, ISC has already received $4.2 million in non-refundable payments from Marine Development to have had the exclusive negotiation rights for our Staten Island property.
$7.5 million of the purchase price at closing. The remaining purchase price will be financed with the Company holding a secured mortgage interest in 380 Development as well as the underlying property. In accordance with the terms, the Company will receive the remaining purchase price of
$72.5 million in payments of approximately
$6.1 million, six months after closing and
$66.4 million, 31 months after closing, plus an annual interest of 7.0 percent on the outstanding mortgage balances. The Company expects to receive the majority of its
$41.5 million cash tax benefit during fiscal 2013 and 2014.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV