Chatham Lodging Trust (NYSE: CLDT), a hotel real estate investment trust (REIT) that owns wholly or through its joint venture approximately $1.5 billion of premium-branded, upscale, extended-stay and select-service hotels, today announced results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2013.
Second Quarter 2013 Highlights
- Hotel RevPAR – Rose 2.6 percent to $115 for the 20 hotels owned for the entire quarter. Excluding the Washington D.C. hotel, which currently is being renovated/rebranded, comparable RevPAR grew 6.1 percent (excluding the recently acquired Hyatt Place, RevPAR rose 5.3 percent).
- Adjusted EBITDA – Increased 14.6 percent to $13.7 million.
- Adjusted FFO – Improved 47.8 percent to $8.8 million. Adjusted FFO per diluted share rose 11.6 percent to $0.48.
- Equity Offering and Continued Portfolio Growth – Raised $81.4 million in a common share follow-on offering to fund the acquisition of the Hyatt Place Pittsburgh for $40.0 million and entered into an agreement to acquire a Hampton Inn & Suites for $15.2 million.
- Opportunistic JV Acquisition – Expanded joint venture relationship with Cerberus Capital Management, acquiring the Residence Inn in Torrance, Ca. for $31.0 million.
Consolidated Financial Results
The following is a summary of the consolidated financial results as reported based on the hotels owned for the comparable respective periods. RevPAR, ADR and occupancy are based on hotels owned as of June 30, 2013 ($ in millions, except per share data, RevPAR, ADR, occupancy and margins):
|Three Months Ended||Six Months Ended|
|June 30,||June 30,|
|Hotel EBITDA Margin||40.1%||40.5%||37.4%||37.8%|
|Net income (loss)||$2.2||$1.2||$0.6||$(0.6)|
|AFFO per diluted share||$0.48||$0.43||$0.74||$0.64|
|Dividends per share||$0.21||$0.20||$0.42||$0.375|
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts