- Company-owned comparable store sales (1) increased 2.2% for the quarter as compared to the prior year period in which comparable store sales increased 5.1%.
- System-wide comparable store sales (1) increased 1.7% for the quarter against a 5.7% increase for the prior year period and franchise-operated comparable store sales (1) increased 1.2% for the quarter compared to the prior year quarter increase of 6.4%.
- Net income after dividends increased 51% to $6.2 million, or $0.36 (2) diluted earnings per share for the quarter, compared to net income of $4.1 million, or $0.27 (2) diluted earnings per share for the prior year period.
- Total revenue increased 1.9% to $67.3 million compared to total revenue of $66.0 million for the prior year period.
- Income from operations increased 32.1% to $6.6 million reflecting Company-owned store comparable sales growth, increased franchise revenue and expanding CPG sales. Operating margin improved by 230 basis points to 9.9% for the second quarter of 2013.
- General and administrative expenses decreased 5.4% to $10.2 million compared with $10.8 million for the prior year period.
- During the quarter, franchisees opened 11 new stores globally; nine new franchise-operated stores, which include six smoothie stations, in the U.S. and two new international stores. Two Company-owned stores were opened.
- Holders of Series B Preferred Stock completed conversion of all preferred shares to shares of the Company’s common stock in June 2013, resulting in the end of dividend payments to the preferred stockholders.
Jamba, Inc. Announces Second Quarter 2013 Financial Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts