WESTCHESTER, Ill., Aug. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Insurance Auto Auctions, Inc. (IAA), the leading live and live-online salvage auto auction company and wholly-owned subsidiary of KAR Auction Services, Inc. (NYSE: KAR), announced today that it is the exclusive bike auction company sponsor of the 73 rd Annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, the nation's largest motorcycle event.
The event takes place in Sturgis, S.D. from August 5 – 11, 2013. Last year's rally brought more than 450,000 visitors.
"The Sturgis Motorcycle Rally has become an important American tradition that is steeped in history, and we are pleased to provide our support for the third consecutive year," said John Kett, president and chief financial officer at Insurance Auto Auctions, Inc. "With more than 450,000 bikers, fans and motorcycle enthusiasts attending the rally every year, Sturgis presents IAA an excellent opportunity to increase our awareness among a core customer group, and to demonstrate the value we can deliver though our hybrid live and live-online auction platform and vast inventory of intact and repairable bikes."
IAA's participation in the seven-day event will be demonstrated through various initiatives. This year's key highlight will be IAA's presenting sponsorship of the Mayor's Parade on opening day, wherein an IAA auction van will lead the parade. IAA will also promote the event via its onsite booth, traditional and digital ads, billboards and street banners."Our exclusive sponsorship is an extension of our focus on the motorcycle community," said IAA Vice President of Global Buyer Marketing Dan Oscarson. "We will continue to serve riders who are looking to purchase a lightly damaged or repossessed bike through our website or at our monthly Big Bad Bike Sales at one of 34 locations across the country." IAA offers a diverse inventory of intact and repairable motorcycles at weekly auctions nationwide, including its monthly Big Bad Bike Sales at 34 locations. IAA's Big Bad Bike Sales features include:
- Dedicated auction segment exclusively for bikes
- Greater number of motorcycles than a regular auction
- Broader variety of makes and models to choose from
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV