3 Stocks Dragging The Consumer Non-Durables Industry Downward
1. As of noon trading, International Paper ( IP) is down $0.62 (-1.3%) to $48.78 on light volume. Thus far, 933,976 shares of International Paper exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.5 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $48.78-$49.50 after having opened the day at $49.38 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $49.40. International Paper Company operates as a paper and packaging company in North America, Europe, Latin America, Russia, Asia, and North Africa. International Paper has a market cap of $22.0 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. Shares are up 24.0% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate International Paper a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates International Paper as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, increase in net income, revenue growth, growth in earnings per share and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Get the full International Paper Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the consumer non-durables industry could consider Consumer Staples Select Sector SPDR ( XLP) while those bearish on the consumer non-durables industry could consider ProShares Ultra Sht Consumer Goods ( SZK).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts