NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Disney (DIS) is scheduled to report earnings on Tuesday after the close and TheStreet's Jim Cramer tells Brittany Umar he still likes the stock. But is it a buy headed into earnings?
While Cramer said he continues to like Disney and CEO Bob Iger, he believes the quarter could be a little dicey.
Even though CBS just reported incredibly strong TV numbers and Comcast's (CMCSA) NBC released the blockbuster hit "Despicable Me 2," Disney had "The Lone Ranger," a box office dud.
Although the movie may weigh on Disney, Cramer added that its theme parks and ESPN were doing really well and that the latter could have a huge quarter. He went on to say that he really likes the new strategy that is aimed toward women, based on studies the company has conducted.While Twenty-First Century Fox (FOX) could prove to be a stubborn competitor down the road for the sports entertainment giant, Cramer isn't worried quite yet. Should the stock selloff post-earnings, this is an excellent buying opportunity. He concluded that $63 would be a prime level for buyers to enter or add to a current position. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV