4 Buy-Rated Dividend Stocks: CPLP, TNH, NMFC, ARI
Apollo Commercial Real Estate Finance (NYSE: ARI) shares currently have a dividend yield of 10.20%. Apollo Commercial Real Estate Finance, Inc. operates as a commercial real estate finance company in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 11.84. The average volume for Apollo Commercial Real Estate Finance has been 356,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Apollo Commercial Real Estate Finance has a market cap of $576.4 million and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are down 3.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Apollo Commercial Real Estate Finance as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 7.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 31.1%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for APOLLO COMMERCIAL RE FIN INC is currently very high, coming in at 77.82%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 64.75% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 19.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $9.91 million to $11.79 million.
- APOLLO COMMERCIAL RE FIN INC's earnings per share declined by 42.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, APOLLO COMMERCIAL RE FIN INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.68 versus $1.34 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 8.0% in earnings ($1.55 versus $1.68).
- The share price of APOLLO COMMERCIAL RE FIN INC has not done very well: it is down 5.51% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. Looking ahead, although the push and pull of the overall market trend could certainly make a critical difference, we do not see any strong reason stemming from the company's fundamentals that would cause a continuation of last year's decline. In fact, the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings.
- You can view the full Apollo Commercial Real Estate Finance Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV