MCLEAN, Va., Aug. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Gannett Broadcasting announced today that it is supporting the TVB position on local Live Plus Same Day ratings data. As TVB released, Live Plus Same Day ratings most closely approximates today's national C3 data, and should be the minimum ratings standard for local television viewing.
"As consumers engage in more and more time-shifted viewing, we believe it is essential that our industry has the most reliable and accurate local viewing data," said Dave Lougee, president, Gannett Broadcasting. "Live Plus Same Day ratings clearly provide the closest match to national C3 ratings on the local level. This is an important first step in acknowledging the value of time-shifted audiences to advertisers on local television stations. Live-Only ratings are obsolete in today's viewing environment."
About Gannett Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an international media and marketing solutions company that informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its powerful network of broadcast, digital, mobile and publishing properties. Our portfolio of trusted brands offers marketers unmatched local-to-national reach and customizable, innovative marketing solutions across any platform. Gannett is committed to connecting people – and the companies who want to reach them – with their interests and communities. For more information, visit www.gannett.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV