Cliffs Natural Resources
Another stock that's starting to move within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade is Cliffs Natural Resources (CLF), a mining and natural resources company that produces iron ore pellets, fines and lump ore, and metallurgical coal. This stock has been hammered by the sellers so far in 2013, with shares off by 47%.
If you look at the chart for Cliffs Natural Resources, you'll notice that this stock recently formed a double bottom chart pattern at $15.50 to $15.41 a share. Following that bottom, shares of CLF have started to uptrend strong, with the stock moving higher from its low of $15.41 to its intraday high of $20.50 a share. During that uptrend, shares of CLF have been consistently making higher lows and higher highs, which is bullish technical price action. That move has now pushed shares of CLF within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV