- Leveling for Books [K – Middle School flyers] Teachers and parents can now find leveling guides on books in the Scholastic Reading Club flyers. Books are labeled by Lexile Framework® for Reading, Guided Reading Level (GRA), Developmental Reading Assessement (DRA), and Accelerated Reader® Level(AR). In addition, detailed book information and samples pages are available on the Scholastic Reading Clubs new website.
- The SpotLit ™ Collection [Pre-K - Middle School flyers] - Created by a committee of 24 top children's literature experts from across the country, this collection includes classic and timeless favorite children's books that every child should read. The books in the collection were chosen for their excellence and suitability to the needs of today's young people. Each month, the Scholastic Reading Club flyers will feature a selection of these books by grade. All 50 books for each grade are available online at www.scholastic.com/top50.
- 20/20 Daily Reading Routine [1 st - 3 rd Grade flyers] – To reinforce the importance of daily reading practice, Scholastic Reading Club recommends a 20/20 daily reading routine – 20 minutes of reading alone and 20 minutes of reading aloud. Read-alouds help children build vocabulary and improve reading comprehension, while reading alone provides practice decoding increasingly complex texts. Each month, teachers and parents can find "20 MINUTE" book recommendations for reading aloud and for reading alone by grade.
- To help empower kids to keep track of their reading, parents can buy a Digital Timer Bookmark ( $3.00 through Scholastic Reading Club), or they can access the free Scholastic Reading Timer app on iPhone and Android mobile devices and iPads.
- Storia® eBooks (Pre-K - Young Adult titles online) – The Scholastic teacher-recommended and award-winning ereading app for kids has a great selection of ebooks for all ages, with advanced digital features including read-aloud and highlighting functionality as well as vocabulary and comprehension activities. With the new dashboard, teachers and parents can organize and keep track of children's reading progress. New teachers who download the free Storia app through Scholastic Reading Club by September 30, 2013, receive three free grade-specific ebooks. To learn how to earn the free ebooks, visit www.scholastic.com/storia-clubs.
Scholastic Announces Major Redesign Of Iconic School Book Club Flyers - Now With Grade-Specific Catalogs To Help Teachers And Families Encourage More Independent Reading And Increase Reading Proficiency
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.