Tyler Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: TYL) has partnered with Project>Login, a program of Educate Maine, to increase the number of computer professionals through education, information and internships. With an office in Yarmouth, Maine, that is home to Tyler’s ERP & School Division and approximately 500 Tyler employees, the company relies on a wide variety of employees, including those who are skilled in computing and information technology.
Educate Maine, a business-led organization, is collaborating with local businesses and universities to educate, engage and employ more people in technology programs. Universities have excellent programs to educate computer science and technology professionals, but the higher demand for trained professionals has outpaced the number of graduates in Maine with these specialized degrees. By working closely with Project>Login, Tyler plans to hire more people from Maine and broaden its base of prospective employees, including those with computing and technology backgrounds and candidates who can learn new areas of expertise.
“Every summer, we select college students for fully paid internships to work on Tyler products, enabling them to have an impact on the products that go to market and, based on their internship success, have a strong likelihood of being offered a full-time position at Tyler after they graduate from college,” said Liz Rensenbrink, human resources manager at Tyler. “Also at Tyler, we do extensive on-the-job training and development of our people so that future employees do not necessarily need highly skilled degrees to secure a competitive position with us. We are very invested in Maine’s future, the future jobs available here, and in the people who can fill these jobs and increase the strength of the state and its competitive position in the global landscape.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV