SANTA MONICA, Calif. and VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Aug. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- LIONSGATE (NYSE: LGF), a leading global entertainment company, has optioned the rights to the bestselling CROSSFIRE series of romantic novels by Sylvia Day, it was announced today by Kevin Beggs, President of the Lionsgate Television Group, and Executive Vice President Chris Selak, who will oversee development for the studio.
The CROSSFIRE franchise of adult novels has become a global phenomenon, selling over 12 million copies since its debut last year and topping bestseller lists in North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia, and Australia. Entwined with You, the third and most recent book in the series, sold over 550,000 copies in its first week alone, becoming a #1 New York Times bestseller. The second novel , Reflected in You, also debuted as a #1 New York Times bestseller and was Penguin UK's fastest selling paperback ever. The first novel in the series, Bared to You, was named one of Amazon's Top 10 Romances of 2012 and recently returned to the New York Times bestseller list.
"The CROSSFIRE series is an incredible property and it is a thrill to bring it to Lionsgate," said Selak. "Sylvia has created an enduring, sexy and edgy story, and we're looking forward to working with her to create a show that both excites and connects with audiences as her books have done.""I am thrilled to have Lionsgate as a partner on the CROSSFIRE series," said Day. "This is a studio that has been incredibly successful with book adaptations and I can't wait to collaborate with them in bringing the story to life."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV