MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Aug. 5, 2013 Highlights:
- Multi-year contract renewal provides Lattice FPGA and CPLD users with Synopsys' technology-leading Synplify Pro logic synthesis tool
- Synplify Pro has been optimized for Lattice Semiconductor devices to deliver optimal Quality of Results (QoR) and fast timing closure
- Seamless integration with Lattice Diamond design software provides users with an integrated design flow for FPGA exploration, implementation and timing analysis
Synopsys, Inc. (Nasdaq: SNPS), a global leader providing software, IP and services used to accelerate innovation in chips and electronic systems, and Lattice Semiconductor Corporation (Nasdaq: LSCC) today announced a multi-year extension of their OEM agreement for Synopsys' Synplify ® FPGA synthesis tools optimized for Lattice FPGAs and Complex Programmable Logic Devices (CPLDs). With this agreement Synopsys continues to be the exclusive independent provider of FPGA logic synthesis technology for designers targeting Lattice FPGA and CPLD products.
"The extension of our long-standing relationship with Synopsys gives our customers continued access to a complete, easy-to-use FPGA synthesis design flow that enables them to meet the stringent timing and area requirements of their designs," said Mike Kendrick, director, software marketing at Lattice Semiconductor. "Synopsys' Synplify Pro ® synthesis software is optimized to take advantage of the architectural features of Lattice's programmable logic devices to deliver the superior performance and fast turnaround time required by our customers."
Synopsys' unique timing-driven approach to FPGA synthesis allows FPGA designers to achieve aggressive timing goals using Synplify Pro software. The timing-driven approach also contributes to overall lower product cost by enabling designers to meet timing requirements while minimizing the FPGA resources required for their design. For Lattice devices, the Synplify Pro software provides leading-edge HDL support with the HDL Analyst Tool, which automatically generates RTL schematics for analysis and cross-probing with RTL source code, and advanced synthesis technologies such as automatic RAM inferencing. The tight integration of Synplify Pro into Lattice's Diamond software environment ensures ease of use and high user productivity with RTL coding, constraint entry and logic synthesis through placement and routing.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts