Citrix today announced that Citrix GoToAssist has once again been ranked as the global market share leader among remote support solutions, for the fifth year in a row, by leading analyst firm IDC. The firm’s report “Worldwide Clientless Remote Support Software 2012 Vendor Shares: Top 6 Market Share Leaders” presented top revenue leaders in the market and examined current trends and challenges, including the need for remote support tools for anytime anywhere support, new connection demands, and robust market growth for remote support.
The IDC report states the remote support market grew by 16%, with GoToAssist gaining market share over other leading vendors. The IDC report also advises vendors to extend the capabilities of their support solutions with new features that specifically address mobility, chat, web browser accessibility, integration with other tools, knowledge base/self-help and further advancements in overall user experience.
As a pioneer in the industry, Citrix has clearly addressed these emerging trends and is one of the first vendors to introduce an integrated IT toolset that encompasses the full spectrum of remote support, incident logging and tracking, and infrastructure monitoring late last year. The GoToAssist integrated toolset offers a “triple play” combination of three modules, including GoToAssist Remote Support, GoToAssist Service Desk, and GoToAssist Monitoring. By delivering easy access to key support functions from one interface, Citrix is providing support teams the functionality to maintain uptimes and deliver superior service experiences to both internal staff and external customers.
Since its global debut in October 2012, more than 600 customers have purchased the new GoToAssist Service Desk module – either as a standalone product or to complement their existing GoToAssist Remote Support and Monitoring capabilities. The GoToAssist integrated toolset is available for purchase and free trial directly from the Citrix website .To support mobile business, Citrix also provides comprehensive GoToAssist mobile support to and from devices at no additional cost. The company recently expanded this portfolio to include complete, integrated mobile device support for Citrix XenMobile Enterprise users. The Citrix XenMobile Enterprise edition combines mobile device; app and data management; a unified corporate app store; mobile productivity apps; document sharing, syncing and editing; and now “one-touch” live GoToAssist support in an inclusive solution for mobile business. The “Worldwide Clientless Remote Support Software 2012 Vendor Shares: Top 6 Market Share Leaders” report is available to subscribing customers on the IDC website. Citrix has also published a blog article noting additional GoToAssist growth highlights. Additional Quotes: "With the increasing mobility of today’s workforce, remote support tools have become a necessity for enterprise and small to medium-sized businesses as the IT consumerization momentum demands anytime, anywhere support. Citrix has maintained remote support market leadership by responding to these IT challenges with high-value solutions that simplify IT and bring fast support resolution. Its portfolio of cloud-based, on-demand tools reflect this strategic market approach with expanded solution capabilities such as in-session chat, support to and from mobile devices and access to an integrated support toolset to support both people and technology.” Ben Hoffman, Research Analyst, IDC’s Mobile Enterprise Software “The mobile workforce and the explosion of apps and devices have put increased importance on ensuring that people are continually productive with their technology. Consequently, the role of IT support has become more critical than ever. Our Citrix GoToAssist products put essential, efficient tools into the hands of IT support agents, allowing them to step-up to this challenge. Our growth is a result of combining market-leading remote support with next generation service desk and monitoring capabilities for a strategic, cost-effective service that delivers great user experiences. We’re proud to share IDC’s recognition with our customers, partners and employees.” Elizabeth Cholawsky, GM and VP of IT Support and Access, Saas Division, Citrix Related Links
- Blog: GoToAssist Ranked #1: Leads the Remote Support Market for Five Years Running
- Announcement: Citrix Redefines Enterprise Mobility with XenMobile Enterprise
- Announcement: Citrix GoToAssist’s Integrated “Triple Play” Support Tool Redefines Uptime for Mobile Workstyles
- IDC Technology Spotlight: Beyond Remote Support: Delivering Unrivaled IT and Customer Support in a Cloud-Based BYOD World
- GoToAssist Service Desk Demo: Citrix GoToAssist Service Desk Overview and Demo
- www.citrix.com and www.gotoassist.com
- Twitter: @Citrix, @CitrixOnline, @GoToAssist
- Citrix on Facebook, GoToAssist on Facebook
- Workshifting blog: http://www.workshifting.com/
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV