GERMANTOWN, Md., Aug. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Hughes Network Systems, LLC (HUGHES), the global leader in broadband satellite solutions and services, today announced that it was selected by Media Networks -- a B2B unit of Telefonica Digital -- to supply a JUPITER ™ High-Throughput System (HTS) to power the first commercial Ka-band service over Latin America.
Media Networks is the major wholesale distributor of satellite direct-to-home (DTH) television services in Latin America and is also the largest wholesale distributor of Ku-band satellite Internet service in the region. With this project, Media Networks will expand into delivering high-speed satellite Internet access to households, using the Hispasat Amazonas-3 Ka-band satellite.
"MNLA conducted a very careful evaluation of the major satellite networking systems available and found the JUPITER System to meet all of our stringent criteria. We are pleased to work with Hughes in this important project that will enable residential segments in Latin America to gain access to satellite broadband services for the first time in the region," said Werner Schuler, CEO of Media Networks."Hughes is proud to have been selected by Media Networks for the first Ka-band system deployment in Latin America," said Pradman Kaul, president of Hughes. "It's a testimony to the advanced capabilities and performance of our JUPITER System, which is helping power record growth of our HughesNet ® service in North America -- and I'm confident will soon enable Media Networks to succeed in the southern half of our hemisphere." Hughes will supply Media Networks with its high-density JUPITER Gateway stations and integrated Network Management System (NMS), including advanced OSS functionality, to effectively manage a large population of Hughes broadband satellite terminals. Delivery of the System is scheduled for Q4 of 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV