CARLSBAD, Calif., Aug. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Life Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: LIFE) and RainTree Oncology Services today announced they have entered into a collaboration agreement designed to further the advancement of personalized care for cancer patients.
Through the collaboration, RainTree and Life Technologies will seek to make the latest advances in molecular testing available to the broader patient market and will work to develop a streamlined protocol for entering patients into clinical trials for new targeted therapies.
Key elements of the collaboration are:
- Collaborate on matching oncology patients to clinical trials using a Next Generation Sequencing Oncology screening panel;
- Develop a clinical trials recruitment database which incorporates RainTree's broad patient data set, enhanced by other data sources, including Life's Compendia analytics engine;
- Educate private payors and health plans about the benefits of Next Generation Sequencing; and
- Build and market comprehensive product, test and data offerings for clinical research organizations.
"Today's announcement emphasizes RainTree Oncology Services' commitment to providing access to cutting edge capabilities to the over 600 community oncologists and approximately 40 practices that we serve," said Mike Martin, chief executive officer of RainTree. "The world of personalized medicine is moving very fast, and the collaboration with Life Technologies ensures we stay active in the development of advanced molecular diagnostic capabilities to connect our physicians and patients with the latest in therapeutic discovery.""Our goal is to ensure that patients in the community setting have the same access to advanced technologies, such as genetic sequencing, as patients in the top academic centers," said Ronnie Andrews, president of genetic and medical sciences at Life Technologies. "This collaboration also establishes a mechanism for pharmaceutical companies to identify the patients they need for clinical trials to bring new, targeted therapies to market." "Life Technologies and RainTree Oncology share a mutual commitment to improving cancer care in the community setting, where the majority of patients are diagnosed and treated," said Andrews.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts