BEIJING, Aug. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- UTStarcom Holdings Corp. ("UTStarcom" or the "Company") (NASDAQ: UTSI), a leading provider of media operational support services and broadband equipment products and services, today announced the launch of NetRing™ TN701, the new addition to the Company's NetRing™ Packet Transport Network ("NetRing™ PTN") product suite.
This reaffirms UTStarcom's commitment to its broadband business and sharpens the focus on providing customers with a "simple network, simple operation" to meet their increasingly sophisticated needs. In alignment with this philosophy, the NetRing™ TN701 is the latest in a series of broadband product innovations, which aim to help operators enhance profitability by extending the availability and reliability of MPLS-TP network from metro core and aggregation to the network edge.
The NetRing™ platform, UTStarcom's branded packet-based optical transport solution, is based on the latest multiprotocol label switching - transport profile ("MPLS-TP") technology, and is designed for mobile backhaul, Ethernet services and broadband aggregation applications. NetRing™ TN701 is the most compact product in the NetRing™ family, with the following improved capabilities:
- Optimized dimensions: With the measurement of 9.06 inches*5.91 inches*1.75 inches, the new design enables a more efficient and cost-effective use of space.
- Extended reach: NetRing™ TN701 expands the MPLS-TP to the network edge like street cabinets, pole installations and desktop Ethernet Access Device (EAD) application scenarios.
- Improved signalling and durability: Engineering enhancements allow for deployment in traditionally challenging outdoor locations, such as narrow side streets and rural areas. In addition, the latest advancements in cooling technology enable NetRing™ TN701 to operate effectively in temperatures as high as 70 degrees Celsius.
- Enhanced reliability: Advanced Quality of Service (QoS), end-to-end provisioning and management and sub-50ms protection mechanism, all at the access layer, ensure service reliability and an overall improved user experience.
NetRing™ TN701 is already in commercial deployment in the Korea market and will be introduced to Japan and other Asian markets in the coming months."We are proud to launch this new addition to our branded high-quality PTN series which we believe addresses fast-growing customer demand for a more customized and sophisticated transport network solutions," said Mr. William Wong, UTStarcom's Chief Executive Officer. "With NetRing™ TN701, we can enable our customers to deploy more flexible and cost-effective next-generation networks. By increasing investment in our broadband business, we plan to continue to bring new innovative product capabilities to market to provide even greater value to our customers across Asia." About UTStarcom Holdings Corp. UTStarcom is focused on providing next generation media operational support services in the rapidly growing markets for TV over IP services and broadband equipment products and services. UTStarcom is committed to meeting the evolving needs of cable and broadband service providers to enable a more personalized entertainment experience. The Company sells its media operational support services and broadband equipment products and services to operators in both emerging and established broadband and cable markets around the world.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts