NEW YORK, Aug. 5, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Sequential Brands Group, Inc. (OTC:SQBG) ("Sequential" or the "Company") announced today that it has acquired the REVO brand, including all of the related intellectual property and certain other assets, from Oakley Inc. ("Oakley"), a company belonging to the Luxottica Group, for a gross purchase price of approximately $20 million in cash.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=20240
In connection with the acquisition, the Company signed a long-term license agreement with B. Robinson, a leading eyewear company, to manufacture and distribute REVO sunglasses and related products.In addition, Sequential signed a long-term partnership agreement with Sunglass Hut to continue distribution of REVO at Sunglass Hut stores globally. "We are thrilled to add REVO to Sequential's brand portfolio," commented Yehuda Shmidman, Chief Executive Officer of Sequential Brands Group. "Together with our new licensee, B. Robinson, we are committed to preserving the DNA of the REVO brand in its core category of eyewear. We are also excited to introduce new product categories that we believe are a perfect fit for the REVO brand, and we will be pursuing new partnerships to execute on this vision. As we combine this product strategy with our soon-to-be-announced marketing strategy, we are confident REVO will resonate with both existing and new consumers." "REVO is a powerful brand and has tremendous potential to expand its customer base," stated Cliff Robinson, President of B. Robinson. "We are excited to be partnering with Sequential Brands Group to help further develop the core eyewear technology and expand the business."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV