SAN DIEGO, Aug. 5, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR), a world leader in semiconductor solutions for the connected home, announced it will be at ABTA 2013 (booth #D13) in Sao Paulo this week showcasing platform semiconductor solutions that advance next-generation TV experiences for the Latin American Pay-TV market.
Latin America is undergoing explosive Pay-TV market growth and making a significant transition from standard definition (SD) to high definition (HD) TV. In fact, according to a June 2013 report titled, Pay-TV in Latin America: Cable, DTH and IPTV 2013 – 2018 from Dataxis, a global business intelligence research firm, the seven largest Pay-TV markets in Latin America will total 98.32 million subscribers by 2018. This figure will equal a penetration rate of 68.1 percent of the total number of homes with TVs; almost 3.6 times what was registered in 2008.
At ABTA 2013 this week, Entropic will highlight its latest high-performance, low-power silicon solutions for:
- ROBUST SATELLITE DELIVERY INTO & THROUGHOUT THE HOME. Entropic reliably brings entertainment into the home with its end-to-end satellite solutions. The Company's technology captures satellite signals and distributes HD content into the home with its single-wire analog and digital Channel Stacking Switch (CSS™) solutions. The Company also ensures advanced, high-performance TV viewing experiences with its set-top box (STB) HD MPEG system-on-a-chip (SoC) and MoCA® (Multimedia over Coax Alliance) home networking silicon. Entropic will highlight how Latin American satellite operators can lower the delivery cost and advance the consumption of entertainment with its next-generation silicon solutions.
- RICH CABLE & TELCO/IPTV EXPERIENCES, EVERYWHERE. Entropic's open standards-based STB SoC + industry-leading MoCA platform are inherently efficient as they leverage the powerful ARM® architecture to provide superior media delivery for today's STBs, IP-Clients and hybrid systems. At ABTA, the Company will demonstrate the power and performance of its latest chipsets that utilize the Comcast® IP-Client Reference Design Kit (RDK); support innovative HTML5 applications; and leverage DLNA Commercial Video Profile (CVP) functionality. The Company will also show how its silicon reliably extends the wireless coverage of Latin American Pay-TV content throughout the home with the latest generation MoCA 2.0 silicon.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts