WEST PALM BEACH, Fla., Aug. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- FTI Consulting, Inc. (NYSE: FCN), the global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations protect and enhance their enterprise value, today announced that its FTI Technology business segment is launching a new version of its award-winning Ringtail e-discovery software. Building on years of experience with predictive coding technology and workflow, FTI Technology has designed an intuitive and visual predictive coding feature that provides users with confidence in the results.
"FTI Technology's proprietary visualization technology and focus on the user experience helps differentiate its predictive technology from other predictive coding offerings," said attorney David Horrigan, Analyst with 451 Research. "Unlike e-discovery software of bygone days, the predictive coding functionality within Ringtail is easy to use, and the visual dashboard provides users with a unique interface to better understand the coding results."
Ringtail's predictive coding delivers a unique visual approach to the process of creating and training a classifier to code large document sets quickly and defensibly. The application includes an intuitive workflow, visual validation of a model's performance, and a projections matrix. This matrix enables teams to examine recall and precision targets and weigh them in context with the costs and benefits of the corresponding review volumes. The predictive coding functionality is supported by statistical sampling as well as Ringtail's visual analysis and review capabilities.
"FTI has applied predictive coding on numerous massive-scale cases to reduce legal review costs with our Predictive Discovery service offering," said David Grant, a Senior Managing Director within the FTI Technology segment. "Our direct experience on these matters led to the development of a fully integrated predictive coding capability that is easy to use and adaptable to the changing demands of e-discovery."In addition to the predictive coding functionality, Ringtail offers a number of new features and enhancements that enable users to:
- Create statistically representative sets within the document population to analyze the data and determine trends, characteristics and the potential cost of review.
- Import and manage transcript files or collections from LiveNote and easily browse, search, annotate, link, report and export the materials.
- Analyze large document populations faster and more easily than ever due to numerous usability and performance enhancements to Ringtail Analytics.
- Collate related information with ease by linking documents to issues, binders, transcripts, saved searches and other objects in Ringtail.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts