WEX Inc. (NYSE: WEX), a leading provider of corporate payment solutions, is celebrating its 30 th anniversary on Thursday, August 8 th at its corporate headquarters in South Portland. Senator Angus King will serve as the guest speaker.
Sen. Angus King (I-ME) (Photo: Business Wire)
To commemorate 30 years of business, Senator King will address the WEX employees along with members of the greater Portland business community who have been an integral part of the company’s success over the past three decades. Also making remarks at the company meeting will be former Senator George Mitchell and former Governor John McKernan, Jr. Immediately following the private company meeting, WEX will host a press conference, with Senator King and Senator Mitchell in attendance, from 12:00 p.m. to 12:10 p.m. The press conference will conclude with remarks by WEX chairman and CEO, Michael E. Dubyak, and WEX employees and guests will celebrate with a traditional Maine lobster bake and entertainment.
WEX (formerly Wright Express) was formed in 1983 in Portland, Maine with a vision to improve payment tracking methods for commercial fleets. Thirty years later, the company has expanded its value-based corporate payment solutions into five countries with more than 1,400 employees, is traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has an approximate market capitalization of $3.4 billion. Reflecting its evolution and established presence in the market, the company rebranded itself in 2012 as WEX.
“As I look back on my 27 years with WEX, I could not be more proud of how far we have come,” said Dubyak. “From a small, privately owned business with a handful of employees and dreams to create a new market in commercial corporate payments, we have experienced tremendous success and continue to grow both domestically and internationally. This is an exciting time for WEX and its future is strategically positioned for success.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV