GRAND RAPIDS, Mich., Aug. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Consumers Energy will be joined by local broadcast media, law enforcement officers and governmental officials to host an early morning kick-off Tuesday, Aug. 6 promoting the " 30th Annual National Night Out" (NNO).
On-air personality Andy Rent from "The River" 100.5 FM is scheduled to join Eva Aguirre Cooper from WOOD TV 8 to broadcast live from Consumers Energy's office east of U.S. 131, between 36 th and 44 th streets. The broadcasters are scheduled to interview local mayors and law enforcement representatives in support of NNO. Two large Consumers Energy utility trucks will have their buckets extended 75 feet above U.S. 131 to help draw attention to the 5-9 a.m. event Tuesday.
"The purpose of the event is to heighten awareness of crime and drug prevention. We thank WOOD TV 8 and 'The River' 100.5 FM for helping us promote that message," said Michele A. Kirkland, Consumers Energy vice president of energy operations. "We also appreciate the support we receive from our cities and law enforcement agencies. It helps us make good on our Promise to Michigan to work together for safer communities." Kirkland said.
Consumers Energy representatives, along with local organizers, governmental leaders and law enforcement officials from Grand Rapids, Grandville, Kentwood, Rockford, Walker, Wyoming and the Kent County Sheriff's Department, will host the event outside the utility's Clay Avenue service center. Refreshments, including donuts and coffee donated by local businesses, will be provided.Consumers Energy employees and law enforcement officials will be distributing energy-efficient compact fluorescent (CFL) light bulbs while they last. CFLs, an important part of the utility's energy efficiency program, use up to 75 percent less energy than a normal incandescent bulb, can last up to nine years and are ideal for both indoor and outdoor use, including porch lights.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV