Tim Hortons and Jason Priestley have chosen the top eight finalists to vie for $10,000 in the first-ever Duelling Donuts contest. Canadians have until August 18, 2013, to choose the winner.
OAKVILLE, ON, Aug. 5, 2013 /CNW/ - The gloves are off! After receiving more than 63,000 submissions as part of the Duelling Donuts contest, Tim Hortons and Jason Priestley have chosen eight donuts to go head-to-head in a tournament-style competition where it is now up to Canadians to vote for the ultimate champion.
"It was a donut-eating day come true at Tim Hortons," says Jason Priestley. "Canadians really do know their dough! I was seriously impressed with just how good all the donuts tasted - it was hard to narrow it down to eight. But, now it's time for Canada to decide which one comes out on top. Good luck to all eight finalists, and thank you for creating such delicious donuts. You made my day."
Starting today until August 18, 2013, Canadians can visit DuellingDonuts.ca to vote for one of the following eight donut creations:
- Monkey-C Donut, Monkey Do-nut, created by Colin von Dohren of Kelowna, British Columbia
- Dark Chocolate Cherry Chunk, created by Krithia Chandra of Calgary, Alberta
- Mr. Velvetere, created by Aquila Brown of Brandon, Manitoba
- S'more Of It, created by Sheri Greenman of Newmarket, Ontario
- Tortoise Torte, created by Andrew Shepherd of Scarborough, Ontario
- Oreo Borealis, created by Jason Flannery of London, Ontario
- The Sweet and Salty, created by Audrée Liessens of St-Joseph-de-Sorel, Quebec
- Don't Touchie My Dutchie, created by John Bellamy of Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts