GTx is conducting two phase III studies of enobosarm, a selective androgen receptor modulator (SARM) in lung-cancer related muscle wasting. The company's official guidance is to report results in the third quarter but the data are expected to be announced in August.
The survey says: The enobosarm studies will fail, with 39 percent of respondents predicting negative results. Almost the same number of people -- 38 percent -- had no opinion on the outcome of the studies; while only 24 percent predicted positive results. I predict failure for enobosarm's clinical trials, in line with a recent , bearish column about the drug and its previously conducted phase II study.
Here's the pie chart:My panel of 12 professional healthcare investors are equally unimpressed with GTx and enobosarm. Seventy-five percent predicted negative results versus 17 percent predicting a positive outcome. One investor chose not to respond. Here's a look at GTx's stock chart for the past six months: GTXI data by YCharts
GTx's short interest is relatively modest at just over 3 million shares. -- Reported by Adam Feuerstein in Boston. Follow Adam Feuerstein on Twitter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV