How To Sell Your House Tip: Don't Leave It In A Tip!
MANCHESTER, England, August 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
So why do some houses sell faster than others? Same house, same number of bedrooms, same size garden, same street. The difference? The house down the road is presented properly for a quick sale.
You MUST present your property in the best possible light. That means present it as you would wish to see it for the very first time. Okay, let's start at the first thing a potential buyer will see - the front of the house. Is the gate hanging of the hinges? Is the path/driveway covered in weeds? Does the front door need a lick of paint? Do the windows need cleaning? Whatever the season you ' re selling a house, there's always stuff to do, so get them done, first impressions count, don't put off your potential buyer before they've even got through the front door!
Next, the hallway - don't answer the door with all the kids cramming at the doorway to see who it is, or the dog barking at the door bell ringing… get rid of them! Harsh I know, but pack them off to your Mothers' or a friendly neighbour for half an hour. So that done you answer the door with a big beaming smile, looking smart/casual and smelling nice... "Hi how are you, nice to meet you, pleeeaaase come in". Wow now that's a welcome. I like this house!So once in you introduce your new guests to the living room… make sure the TV is turned off, cushions plumped up, carpet hovered, toys and general stuff put away, the room freshly aired and flowers somewhere in the room. The living room, as with all rooms, should be freshly decorated and de-cluttered.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV