LA Superior Court Judge Mark Juhas Addresses Concord's Graduating Class. (Photo: Business Wire)
Concord Law School of Kaplan University, the nation’s first fully-online law school, held its twentieth graduation ceremony today at the Skirball Cultural Center in Los Angeles. The graduating class included 36 graduates of the Juris Doctor program and 27 who earned an Executive Juris Doctor degree. Additionally, three graduates earned LLM degrees from Concord's Small Business Practice LLM program. The LLM program is designed for lawyers and recent law school graduates and provides practical courses focused on the needs of small business clients.
LA Superior Court Judge Mark Juhas addresses Concord's graduating class. (Photo: Business Wire)
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Mark Juhas addressed the graduates saying, “You have come here today through a non-traditional path. You have demonstrated by not just your words, but your deeds, your willingness to accomplish something important by a completely different approach. We need folks in the legal profession that are willing to fix the representation gap by looking at the problem and come up with wholly new solutions….. We need members in our profession that are not afraid to lift the two most powerful tools in a lawyer’s arsenal -- a simple pencil and a piece of paper -- and couple that with the ability to represent someone who needs representation in court. I challenge you in every aspect of your legal career, regardless of what it looks like, to be innovative, be creative, serve the law, but mostly, make yourself available to assist those citizens that need justice. We all depend on you doing just that.” At the end of the ceremony, he swore into the California Bar two Concord graduates who recently passed the exam.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV