How Porsche Keeps Owning the List of Most-Pleasing Cars
SAN DIEGO (TheStreet) -- When you're hot, you're hot.
And in Porsche's case, that fact hasn't changed for nearly a decade.
That's according to the recently released J.D. Power and Associates U.S. Automotive Performance, Execution and Layout Study.The study, now in its 18th year, serves as the industry benchmark for new-vehicle appeal. And for the ninth year running, Porsche tops the survey as the vehicle drivers find most pleasing to own and drive. So why is it that Porsche has remained at the top for so long? David Sargent, J.D. Power and Associates' vice president of global automotive, says there are multiple reasons for Porsche's continued dominance. (TTM), Lexus (TM), Mercedes-Benz, Cadillac (GM), Jaguar, Lincoln (F) and Infiniti (NSANY) -- in that order. The Dodge Ram was the highest-ranked non-premium vehicle, coming in 11th in the survey. Sargent says it's no surprise ultra-expensive luxury cars dominate the winners circle. "We are essentially asking people how much they enjoy a new vehicle. If you spent $70,000 on a vehicle, you should enjoy it more than a car you spend $20,000 on," Sargent says. "When you look at all the things people look for in a car, premium cars have more of that -- whether it's comfort, quietness, performance or the perceived quality of interior materials."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV