WELLESLEY, Mass., Aug. 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Delaware Life Holdings, a company owned by shareholders of Guggenheim Partners, today announced the completion of its purchase of the domestic U.S. annuity business and certain life insurance businesses of Sun Life Financial Inc. (TSX: SLF) (NYSE: SLF).
The transaction was finalized after completion of all required regulatory approvals. Delaware Life will support more than 450,000 in-force policies as a result of the transaction. Approximately 500 former Sun Life employees will transition to the new company, which will maintain facilities in Wellesley as well as Waterford, Ireland, and Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada.
"Delaware Life is committed to delivering top-notch service and product innovation, along with the proven expertise, deep resources and strong values needed to support annuity and life insurance policyholders as they build their financial security," said David Sams, president of Delaware Life. "We're looking forward to serving our distributor partners and policyholders, and to delivering compelling new services and features in the months and years to come."
No action is required by existing Sun Life distributors or policyholders. The terms and conditions of all contracts and policies will remain in-force and unchanged.The transaction consisted of the sale of 100 percent of the shares of Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada (U.S.), which includes Sun Life Financial's domestic U.S. variable annuity, fixed annuity and fixed index annuity products, and variable life insurance products, including corporate and bank-owned variable life. SOURCE Delaware Life Holdings
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV