Petition Pits Opera World Against Putin Over Gay Rights
"Going to the Met may seem an elitist activity that most people wouldn't care about," Rudin says. But the actual audience is generally "far more diverse than you find at a hockey game," with "every known kind of individual" including every type of ethnicity, every type of economic class, every type of occupation.
But Rudin believes it isn't a love of opera but the identification with gay rights that has created the greatest support for his position.
"People will tell me, 'oh, I have people in my family who are gay' or 'I have a student'," Rudin says. "It's something that matters personally. I have found out that many of my former students think highly of me because in their world I was one of the first out gay professors that they knew.
"That's why the
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV