In 2011 Blackstone and privately-held Alta Resources agreed to invest as much as $1 billion inAlta Energy Partners--headed by Alta Resources CEO Joseph Greenberg --to acquire and develop unconventional oil and natural gas assets in North America.
Greenberg, who had previously worked as a geologist at Royal Dutch Shell and Edge Petroleum, joined forces several years ago with recently deceased shale pioneer George Mitchell to develop the Fayetteville shale field in Arkansas and Texas and ended up posting about an eightfold gain on its sale.
Written by Claire Poole.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV