2. As of noon trading, Alpha Natural Resources ( ANR) is down $0.45 (-8.3%) to $4.99 on heavy volume. Thus far, 14.7 million shares of Alpha Natural Resources exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 11.8 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $4.90-$5.21 after having opened the day at $5.21 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $5.44. Alpha Natural Resources, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, engages in extracting, processing, and marketing steam and metallurgical coal in Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, and Wyoming. Alpha Natural Resources has a market cap of $1.2 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. Shares are down 44.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Alpha Natural Resources a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Alpha Natural Resources as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins, weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Get the full Alpha Natural Resources Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts