3 Stocks Pushing The Computer Software & Services Industry Lower
1. As of noon trading, International Business Machines ( IBM) is down $1.51 (-0.8%) to $194.30 on average volume. Thus far, 1.7 million shares of International Business Machines exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.0 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $193.22-$195.50 after having opened the day at $195.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $195.81. International Business Machines Corporation provides information technology (IT) products and services worldwide. The company operates in five segments: Global Technology Services, Global Business Services, Software, Systems and Technology, and Global Financing. International Business Machines has a market cap of $216.3 billion and is part of the technology sector. Shares are up 1.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate International Business Machines a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates International Business Machines as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full International Business Machines Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the computer software & services industry could consider iShares S&P NA Tech Software Idx ( IGV) while those bearish on the computer software & services industry could consider ProShares Ultra Short Technology ( REW).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts