3 Energy Stocks Pushing The Industry Higher
1. As of noon trading, Continental Resources ( CLR) is up $2.55 (2.6%) to $98.82 on heavy volume. Thus far, 776,081 shares of Continental Resources exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.0 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $95.82-$99.01 after having opened the day at $96.16 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $96.27. Continental Resources, Inc. engages in the exploration, development, and production of crude oil and natural gas properties in the north, south, and east regions of the United States. Continental Resources has a market cap of $17.1 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. Shares are up 25.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 14 analysts that rate Continental Resources a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Continental Resources as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Get the full Continental Resources Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the energy industry could consider Energy Select Sector SPDR ( XLE) while those bearish on the energy industry could consider Proshares Short Oil & Gas ( DDG).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts