Comcast today announced the launch of its cloud-based interactive television experience, the X1 Platform from XFINITY, across Oregon and Southwest Washington.
Unlike any other video service available today, X1 is a cloud-based platform that transforms TV into an interactive and integrated experience. It integrates the largest collection of video with social media features, interactive apps, web content and more in one easy-to-navigate, sleek viewing experience. The launch of X1 is part of Comcast’s ongoing and evolving effort to take advantage of its powerful network and IP technology to constantly bring new innovations to market.
“The X1 Platform is a huge leap forward for us and is another way we are actualizing the future of awesome for our customers,” said Rodrigo Lopez, Comcast Oregon and Southwest Washington Regional Vice President. “X1 is the first of its kind—transforming traditional television into an Entertainment Operating System that makes the TV smarter, richer and more personalized. Its cloud-based technology allows us to deliver new features to our customers faster than ever. As the entertainment world shifts and technologies merge, we are excited to provide customers the option of being able to connect in ways they may never have imagined. ”
New X1 features and capabilities available to customers in Oregon and Southwest Washington today include:
- Visual, Sleek User Interface: A modern user interface that enables one-click access to programs and a highly visual guide to entertainment options and related information.
- Faster, More Personalized Search and Discovery: A personalized viewing experience with recommendations based on search input and previously watched shows and movies. They also have the ability to search simultaneously across live TV, XFINITY On Demand and DVR recordings – and see the last nine programs watched across all services with a single tap on the remote control.
- In-Home Convenience: The ability to watch DVR recordings from any room in the house and simultaneously record up to four shows while watching another.
- Social Integration and Customized Apps: An expanding selection of tailored-for-TV apps, including traffic, weather, voicemail, and a sports app to track multiple games at once and check the latest scores, standings and schedules while watching a favorite show. X1 also includes a selection of Web-based apps, including Facebook and Pandora.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts